10.31.2008

Trick or Treat

You asked for news. Here is some.

I've been so slow on the new blog, and for that I apologize.

The beau and I have been commuting between Toronto and New York...ad nauseum. We are ready to hunker down and do The Deed. After asking me about 500 times, I think he is ready. So the engagement will end and become a marriage somewhere in British Columbia in summer 2009. (It's true, HMS Indefatigable. We're doing the shindig near you.)

A is doing great at BTBSA. He is also no longer taking Chinese as he was finally recognized for his French skills and placed in an AP-level French course (Whew - darn newb teachers).

I am glad we homeschooled. I am so glad. While the quality of teaching he gets at BTBSA is probably superior to what he received as a homeschooler, everyone at BTBSA comments on A's maturity. He can rely on himself. He's autonomous. Those skills, he acquired from homeschooling and not being coddled while being homeschooled. I accepted that he had wings, and I let him fly.

I have been offered a director's office at The TV Network, director salary to come at a later date. Right now, The TV Network is looking to cut expenses and chop heads. I am grateful to have new office digs at all.

I am, however, open to the idea of living in the North Country. So we shall see.

NaNoWriMo...aaaah yes. The first Write-In in Manhattan is at Cosi. I am planning on being there, but I am going to break the rules and attempt to finish a story I already started. The way I see it, the whole point is to get the word count. To turn off the editorial function in your brain and Just Do It. To have follow-through. So that is what I am going to do.

Happy Halloween!

12 comments:

L said...

WOW! Good to see you back, if only for a quick update. And what an update it was!

Congrats, congrats, congrats. Hugs and a high five.

Keep in touch. Sarabelle, Grice, and I have our Aussie citizenship ceremony scheduled for Nov 21. We finally did it!

Is the beau Canadian?

Cheers!

la Maitresse said...

Wow, too cool about your Aussie citizenship. I will catch up on reading your blog. I guess we can still visit you, yes?

And yes, my beau is Canadian. We met and dated at boarding school in England as teenagers, when his dad was stationed for his diplomatic work in London. They had the Dalai Lama for dinner once in their Mayfair home. I thought I had entered a totally strange and foreign way of life getting to know his family (I was 16 years old, total middle class child-of-immigrants Miami kid - not prepared to learn the difference between a coffee and dessert spoon that sat right beside each other on the table linen, let alone learn about the societal mores of Mayfair folk).

Today, he has a tattoo.

He makes a mean espresso. He does our laundry.

He is a dad and is open to having another kid.

I am in happy and in love with the love of my life.

Heidicrafts said...

Thank you for the update. I'm pleased for all involved that it is going well.

It sounds like your family's homeschooling gave A the leeway to become confident in who he is. What a gift.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, how exciting, and how good to have the news! I'm so happy you're so very happy.

And congratulations to you and the beau. I may be biased, but many of the best beaus are Canadians ;). And moving to the North is eminently doable...

Congrats too to A, who is doing so well. I never expected otherwise.

Many many thanks for the Halloween treat!

Anonymous said...

Dagnabit. I posted a mazel tov but forgot word verification.

Well...mazel tov again! I'm so excited to hear the news. It seems that everyone is doing very well.

Princess

hornblower said...

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!

Wendy said...

So glad to see you back and happy that things are going swell.

Wendy from Flippin' Sweet

M said...

Congrats! Glad to hear all is well with both you and A.

PrincessEnnui said...

Hello? Where are you?? What's going on? I'm experiencing serious withdrawal here!

Anonymous said...

Rand Paul for Senate 2010! Finally a politician standing strong for homeschool rights! http://www.randpaul2010.com/issues/home-schooling

Heidicrafts said...

Okay - it's the summer of 2009. How are plans and life and all?

la Maitresse said...

I posted an update for you! :)