11.18.2005

from Dartmouth College

Hello and thank you for your interest in Dartmouth!
Unfortunately, we do not have current statistics on homeschool admissions. Every year there are a few homeschooled students in the admissions pool and they are read with the same care and thoughtfulness as other students. The onus is on the applicant to send us as complete information as possible about their academics. Evaluations are key, from whomever you would deem an instructor. We'll also need to see any evaluation of your work that is available. It is also important that you complete required standardized tests.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck in your college process!
Best,

Assistant Director of Admissions
Dartmouth College

2 comments:

Becky said...

I don't suppose you inquired of Middlebury College in Vermont lol?

Very interesting project, and thanks for posting the results. College (called university in the Frozen North, unless you mean community college) is a ways away with my eldest only 8, but I've been giving this some thought.

Besides making sure my kids take the various standardized tests, I'm also toying with the idea in high school of having them register (hs'ers have to register in Alberta) as "blended," which means that some of our curriculum is aligned with the offical provincial curriculum, which I believe may entitle them to a real live high school transcript.

Interestingly, the other route *is* through community college -- take a year and then transfer to university.

And to think that before hs'ing our only concern was how to pay for it lol.

PS Happy Thanksgiving -- wave to those balloons for me!

la Maitresse said...

I inquired to the top 20 on both the "university" list and "liberal college" list of Top Colleges U.S. News and World Report. Since some admissions offices are closed, I don't expect to hear back from a lot of places until after our (U.S.) T-Giving.

Someone at Brown did call me, though, which I thought was incredibly attentive.

Will definitely wave to the balloons for you!!