1.26.2006

from Yale University




Hi LaMai-


The stats for applicants and martics [sic] are not available for me to give out;
however, I can tell you that we have some extremely competitive applicants for admission who have been homeschooled in the past.
Our application process is a wholistic one in that no one thing can
help or harm an applicant's chances of being accepted, and having been homeschooled
certainly should not by itself harm any applicant to the University.

Best

Undergraduate Admissions
Yale University

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm being a little deficient here...but what the heck are martics? I get that it was wrong but I can't even figure out what it is supposed to be.

And WOW...that letter actually came from Yale, eh? Not the level of highbrow I expected.

la Maitresse said...

martics [sic] = matriculants, or people who actually enroll/register as students after acceptance.

Anonymous said...

Maybe that person is trying to emulate Yale grads such as George W. Bush.

la Maitresse said...

I try not to give editorials on the responses, although some have been surprising. To be fair, the bulk of the responses arrive in my e-mail inbox, so spelling errors are to be expected...I think?

Anonymous said...

I'm stunned that a Yale representative misspelled holistic.