8.07.2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

...has got A's attention right now. Napoleon has had two mini-walks today and seems to be hankering for more. I am a Weimaraner. You know, Buena Weimar Social Club...?

Funny about the column that I wrote last week. The one that appeared in that daily freebie paper. I figured, my friends will see it, maybe offer me some nice words about it, and then it will be dead. None of my friends noticed. But a writer at the NY Post responded to it (a full one-pager, and she lifted some of my - um - phraseology to make her counterpoint - it's okay Maitresse, you can take it) and then a writer at the NY Times responded to the Post piece.

Hot dayum. People - other writers - are reading my stuff?

Of course, the bloggy audience here has been reading my stuff for a while. Thanks for sticking around.

4 comments:

Calletta said...

Unrelated to this post, but congrats on the CBGB ruling.

L said...

Rock on, Maitresse!! What are you going to do with all your spare time now?

Athena said...

Thanks on the congrats! News travels, I guess....the lease hasn't been renewed, so there's still work to do. And the judge did use the word "landmark." Wowee. That's my field of expertise on the matter. And me and A are headed to Miami for some CBGB "awareness building." Or something.

la Maitresse said...

Oops. I posted as Athena. Wrong identity. Wrong cape, too.