6.21.2006

because it pays my bills



I have been informed that the same satellite radio station that employs Howard Stern and Martha Stewart has hired me as their copyeditor. Their *only* copyeditor. They are giving me a complimentary satellite radio to listen to all day long.

I wonder if some announcement on Mediabistro will appear? And I guess the copyediting class (remember the gunshots boom-boom-boom and strip club thump-thump-thump) paid off.

Also, one of the above-mentioned celebrities has also interviewed me for a copyediting position. I was really hoping that Conde Nast (read: Vogue!!! Vanity Fair!!!) would snag me first. Sorry, Ms. Wintour. I will be a little delayed. And then I will betray you by taking a job with Carine Roitfeld in Paris. Seriously, that's the plan.

A will be busy this summer, what with rowing, math, possibly fencing, and weekends in Boston, but I feel the ache of taking a day job. Meh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your job hunting success. --Jama

la Maitresse said...

Forgive me, but who are you, Jama? Do I know you?

Heidi said...

Fencing is about as cool as wicked archery.

I'm helping at Cub Scout camp this week and we may not have archery this year. Sacrilege!

Calletta said...

Boston is a very cool place to spend weekends!

Congrats on the job, too! (I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm a *teensy* bit jealous.)

la Maitresse said...

My apologies to Jama for sounding slightly paranoid; I now know who you are.

Anonymous said...

BIG congrats to you, for the mega-cool job, and to A on his bar mitzah.

Jill

Writing and Living said...

Congrats on the job!

la Maitresse said...

Thanks, everyone! : )