4.03.2006

Sitar Player

The Duke: I don't like this ending...
Zidler: Don't like the ending, my dear Duke?
The Duke: Why should the courtesan chose the penniless sitar player over the maharajah who is offering her a lifetime of security? That's real love. Once the sitar player has satisfied his lust he will leave her with nothing. I suggest that the courtesan chose the maharajah.
Toulouse-Lautrec: But, but tell me, that ending does not uphold the Bohemian ideals of truth, beauty, freedom, and...
The Duke: [shouts] I don't care about your ridiculous dogma! Why shouldn't the courtesan chose the maharajah?
Christian: [shouts] Because she doesn't love you!... Him... Hi-him, she doesn't love... she doesn't love him.*

A woke up this morning to immediately practice his sitar. I helped him edit his second narrative for his writing class, then I sent him off to class. After which he has rowing.

I just joined the NYC Writers Meetup. Unfortunately, their next event, which is Tuesday, is full and is now closed to RSVPs.

Monday afternoons can be so quiet.

*dialogue taken from Moulin Rouge.

No comments: