3.09.2004

(waves and weather courtesy of Mordor)

A informed me that he did not get to go boating today. How am I not surprised, what with those menacing waves sent from who knows where?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While leaving this morning to take A to his marine bio research on the Hudson, he turned to me and said, "Look over there." I looked to the vicinity of the Empire State Building. Dark clouds loomed, and skyscrapers seemed to become misty mountains. "The eye of the enemy is moving," said A.

Right. "You still have to go, you know," I warned him. "I know," A replied, "but don't you think it's cool?"

I told him I did.

As we walked past the Miramax building on Greenwich, we saw that Harvey Weinstein was nowhere to be seen outside his building this morning. No entourage, no Harvey. He may still be celebrating himself in California as the Lord of the Rings money man.

After leaving A at the Project, I walked along the Hudson River Park pedestrian walkway. I found a perfect bench to read my book. Lady liberty, over there, would supervise my reading of it. But wait. No.

IT IS TOO COLD FOR ME TO COMFORTABLY READ THIS BOOK.

HA, HA, HA, HA!!! The water lapped up, loudly, Sauron-like, from below the grating near my feet. I SEE YOU!!!

Was something really watching me? I got up and walked along the river. Ellis Island, see ya. Big clock, adieu. U.S. Coast Guard, ttyl. LACKAWANNA, you Pocahontas princess, buh-bye.

Lap, lap, lap.
Ha, ha, ha!

As I walked closer to home and to the Largest Building Now Standing In Manhattan, the tower seemed to move. The sky got darker. I was feeling uncomfortable. The water kept lapping up, loudly.

HA! HA! HA! HA!

No comments: