8.15.2004

Charley and other Big Events

Thank goodness L at MySchola and her family in Florida are alright. Thank goodness my mother and her family are alright (as Miami residents, they were not near the storm. But they tried on Andrew once).

Mother Nature. Can't live without her, but man, she sure can pack a wallop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up at 2:00 a.m. this morning to watch my friends Veljko, Nenad, and Milos row a four-seater scull (I don't know the fourth guy) for Serbia in Athens. This morning's rowing start time was set at 9:19 a.m. Greek time. OK. I officially hate CNBC. The cameras did not offer any head-on view or closeup of my friends, because...their boat was finishing fourth out of five competing sculls. They didn't make this heat, and tomorrow's rowing has been canceled due to the wind conditions in Athens. I doubt that they are checking their university e-mail, and I have no idea how to send a basket of Oreos and milk to them in the Olympic Village.

No comments: