2.13.2007

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday:

Writing co-op; Math teacher has personal emergency and cannot teach. So A is on his own for a couple of extra hours and scouts out a "really, really cool -- oh my g-d mom, it was SO cool" ... antiquarian bookstore.

Proteins class (field trip to Biology lab uptown).

Tuesday:

A has to finish his Powerpoint presentation for Proteins class so he plays hooky from his darkroom job. I am responsible for making up the gastrointestinal malady that is keeping A away from work. I pick up the phone and relay the facts of the gastrointestinal malady to the British accent on the other phone in the darkroom. "Tell him we'll miss him today," said the British accent.

I relayed this message to A via MSN messenger. A's response was "O_o"

A also has to finish the next scene in his play for Playwriting class. He has writer's block. "Sorry, one fib today too many today," I tell him. "Not helping you get out of playwriting." I come up with some techniques to help him overcome his writer's block.

Around 6 o'clock, I get a phone call at work. It's A, his Playwriting class is finished, and all the students are now munching on pizza.

"Hi mom? Is it okay if I go see 'The Color Purple' on Broadway? Our group got tickets."

I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous...

No comments: